De Young Yes, Starbucks No, Daniel Patterson 10 Do's and Don'ts in San Francisco
Chefs like Daniel Patterson of COI live and breathe their work.
Once in a while, they escape the restaurant kitchen and take time to enjoy their surroundings.
As a side-show to my Interview with Daniel, I asked him to share his 10 Do's and Don'ts on San Francisco.
1) Visit the DeYoung and Academy of Science Museums, world-class buildings and terrific exhibits.
2) Have a Gilbraltar (a macchiato with more milk) at Blue Bottle Coffee. And have a piece of cake, at their rooftop cafe in SFMOMA.
3) Visit Oakland, especially the great parks there.
4) Eat at Nopa, Nopalito, Aziza, SPQR, Benu, Michael Mina.
5) Have a drink at Tosca, one of the oldest and most storied bars in town.
1) Forget comfortable shoes - SF is a great walking city.
2) Eat anything while at Fisherman's Wharf.
3) Drive during rush hour.
4) Drink Starbucks - there's too much terrific local independent coffee here.
5) Forget to curb your wheels. You WILL get a ticket.
Previous 10 Do's and Don'ts: Cowgirls, Culture, Restaurant Hopping, 10 Bites of Dallas-Fort Worth
(* Curb Your Wheels image from SF Parking Tips for Tourists by Katie Baker, SF Appeal, July 2010)