Food Programme with Menu for Hope 6 (December 14-25).
A Kindle is nice but for some books nothing beats holding them like a precious child, the tactile feel of it.
One such book is Coco, a luxuriant tome where 10 Star Chefs each choose 10 Future Food Stars.
This is Not a Cookbook, Helen Rosner warns us in her review for Eat Me Daily (October 19):
No food porn here, the book is all about passion for food in its many dimensions and expressions.
Let me thank Phaidon USA for kindly giving a copy of Coco as a sign of support for our fundraiser.
I hope you will bid fiercely on it in this 2009 Edition of Menu for Hope.
Here's how you can start the ball rolling:
The Bid Item Number for "Coco: 10 World-Leading Masters Choose 100 Contemporary Chefs" is UE36.
- Visit the Menu for Hope 6 Donation Page hosted by First Giving
- Click 'Give now'
- Specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation.
- You must write-in how many tickets you want per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
- Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Keep your cool, winners will be announced by Pim without whom there would be no Menu for Hope at Chez Pim on January 18, 2010.
Lifting Lives with a 10 X 10 for Menu for Hope, Part 3